[FFmpeg-devel] The new team is baning FFmpeg developers of the mailing list

Janne Grunau janne-ffmpeg
Mon Feb 7 21:28:37 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 09:12:48PM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Moin,
> >
> > Arpi, you should not dirty your own name with spreading half guesses
> > and lies. This is surely below you
>
> lies? where?

> > > i dont know if i was banned or not, i didnt send mail today yet. now i'm trying, we'll see.
> > >
> > > but gabucino is already banned for sure, and his mail was just rejected with:
> >
> > He is not banned, he's been put on moderation, as can be seen
> > from those lines:
> >
> > > 17:34 < giftgas> Subject: Your message to ffmpeg-devel awaits moderator approval
> > > 17:35 < giftgas> The reason it is being held:
> > > 17:35 < giftgas> Post to moderated list
>
> this line "Post to moderated list" suggests to me that the whole ffmpeg-devel
> list has been converted to be moderated. this message is very misleading!
> this is why i asked Michael, as the (former) list admin.

read the mailman documentation, single subscribers can e set to
moderated.

> > > probably this is their intention, to control votes and politics on the list.
> > > but it's good: it means they are out of ideas and have to touch dark tools...
> >
> > The intention is clear: Get someone from wasting everyone elses time
> > by trolling everyone.
>
> Why dont you start with Mans then? He sent already a lot more troll mails than Gabu.

I doubt that. Do you have numbers? Just count months with at least one
mail from gabucino.

> > Heck, he didn't even contribute a single bit to the discussion, but agered everyone.
> >
> > And if you think someone misused his power, have a look at todays
> > #ffmpeg-devel log, when multiple people again asked for the removal
> > of Gabu.
>
> What about a VOTE about it, instead of deciding it by your feelings or by IRC chat?
> There may be hundreds of gabu-fans out there :)

They can read his blog and don't bother us.

Janne