[FFmpeg-devel] The new team is baning FFmpeg developers of the mailing list

Attila Kinali attila
Mon Feb 7 20:56:43 CET 2011

Moin,

Arpi, you should not dirty your own name with spreading half guesses
and lies. This is surely below you

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 20:43:31 +0100
Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

> > i ve just received a mail from a ffmpeg developer, namely arpi who has been
> > unsubscribed or baned of the ffmpeg developer mailing list.
>
> i dont know if i was banned or not, i didnt send mail today yet. now i'm trying, we'll see.
>
> but gabucino is already banned for sure, and his mail was just rejected with:

He is not banned, he's been put on moderation, as can be seen
from those lines:

> 17:34 < giftgas> Subject: Your message to ffmpeg-devel awaits moderator approval
> 17:35 < giftgas> The reason it is being held:
> 17:35 < giftgas> Post to moderated list
>
> 18:17 < giftgas> has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
> 18:17 < giftgas> following reason for rejecting your request:
> 18:17 < giftgas> "Your message was deemed inappropriate by the moderator."

> > I am or better said was the mailing list admin, as it seems iam no longer
> > listed and instead now mans rullgard is listed.
>
> they used the power of root again, to take over yet another common service...

Who said root did it?
Do you know how many requests to actually kick Gabu from ffmpeg-* we got
in the last days? I alone got half a dozen. But we still refused to
do it because beside Mans noone of us is ML admin. So we don't have the
right to ban or even moderate anyone, unless he makes the mailinglists
unusable for everyone else.

> > I object this and i veto this. In 10 years not 1 person even less so a
> > contributor or developer has been thrown of the list.
>
> now there are at least 1 but i'm pretty sure they are
> delaying/monitoring more than 1 addresses.

How can you be sure? Did you have a look at the list of moderated people?
If you did not, why do you state something you cannot know?

> > And this comes at a time when we have a vote about the new situation
> > this is selectively preventing people from participating in the vote and
> > discussion.
>
> probably this is their intention, to control votes and politics on the list.
> but it's good: it means they are out of ideas and have to touch dark tools...

The intention is clear: Get someone from wasting everyone elses time
by trolling everyone. Heck, he didn't even contribute a single bit to
the discussion, but agered everyone.

And if you think someone misused his power, have a look at todays
#ffmpeg-devel log, when multiple people again asked for the removal
of Gabu.

					Attila Kinali

--
It is the unknown we fear when we look