[FFmpeg-devel] The new team is baning FFmpeg developers of the mailing list

Arpi arpi
Mon Feb 7 20:43:31 CET 2011

Hi,

> i ve just received a mail from a ffmpeg developer, namely arpi who has been
> unsubscribed or baned of the ffmpeg developer mailing list.

i dont know if i was banned or not, i didnt send mail today yet. now i'm trying, we'll see.

but gabucino is already banned for sure, and his mail was just rejected with:

17:34 < giftgas> Subject: Your message to ffmpeg-devel awaits moderator approval
17:35 < giftgas> The reason it is being held:
17:35 < giftgas> Post to moderated list

18:17 < giftgas> has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
18:17 < giftgas> following reason for rejecting your request:
18:17 < giftgas> "Your message was deemed inappropriate by the moderator."

> I am or better said was the mailing list admin, as it seems iam no longer
> listed and instead now mans rullgard is listed.

they used the power of root again, to take over yet another common service...

> I object this and i veto this. In 10 years not 1 person even less so a
> contributor or developer has been thrown of the list.

now there are at least 1 but i'm pretty sure they are delaying/monitoring more than 1 addresses.

> And this comes at a time when we have a vote about the new situation
> this is selectively preventing people from participating in the vote and
> discussion.

probably this is their intention, to control votes and politics on the list.
but it's good: it means they are out of ideas and have to touch dark tools...

A'rpi