[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Equality and leader team

Attila Kinali attila
Mon Feb 7 13:36:05 CET 2011

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 13:45:21 +0100
Stefano Sabatini <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> wrote:

> Administration of the core services (webserver and git official repo)
> should be possibly hold by some neutral professionists payed by the
> foundation.

You largely understimate the cost of administration if done by someone
who is paid for it.

I currently guess that the three of us, spend on average an hour
per day on anything mphq related (this is a rough gestimate, it can be
easily twice that much). This does not cover the work done on other servers
or systems that we use (eg round up which is managed by Luca, or
the secondary and backup servers we have, and not to forget the mirror
system used by mplayer), which requires a multiple of work to maintain.

But let us use this 1h/day for mphq only. If we guestimate just
100EUR/h for an admin (lower bound, probably much higher), this
would make 36'500 per year just for administration of mphq.
We have some money, but not that much. And this is the lower bound
of the cost and could be easily a few times as much.

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin