[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Equality and leader team

Arpi arpi
Sun Feb 6 21:01:44 CET 2011

Hi,

> On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 02:03:08PM -0500, Justin Ruggles wrote:
> > For the record, I'm not against more developers having commit access as
> > long as we still require patches be sent to ffmpeg-devel and approved by
> > at least one other dev with knowledge in the area
>
> I'll repeat it again: this is ridiculous. There are vast areas of FFmpeg
> with 0 to 1 devs with knowledge. This makes maintaining these parts
> _impossible_!!

agree

people with write access are trusted already, dont they?
if they commit to code they know very well, they dont need to send
patches to list first, i think.if they are unusure about change,
or they have patches for code they dont know in deep then they
will send patch first, even if no rules enforcing them to do so.

this is why we trust these people enough for giving them write access.
at least i did so in mplayer cvs, and it worked.

other developers/maintainers still can review tehse commits and
revert if they donlt agree, but i dont think it will happen often.

we dont need any commiter team or automatic bot, the trusted developers
are clever enough to commit their code when they know it is ok.

A'rpi