[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Equality and leader team

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Feb 5 22:21:47 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 09:34:34PM +0200, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> >>
> >> This shows you have absolutely no idea how linux development works.
> >>

> >> Andrew Morton sends all his patches:
> >> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.mm/57767
> >>
> >> In fact, he has to, because nor he, nor anybody else has commit access
> >> to Linus's tree, but Linus. That's the whole point of a *distributed*
> >> DSCM; every person has his own repo. But according to your definition,
> >> Linus has evilly locked out all kernel developers and maintainers.
> >
> > nope, linus is the most qualified and it makes alot of sense that he is the
> > gatekeeper, what we have here is different, the 7 barely know maybe 1/3 of
> > the code. Iam alone the author of 1/3 and know alot more.
>
> And this statement is bogus, this is what git blame returns:

The 1/3 statement was from prior to alot of cosmetic cleanup and used a few
tricks to trace through whitespace changes.
also your figure of 10.49% for diego shows your statistic is totally bogus,
diego does cleanup (and usefull cleanup) but he doesnt write C code nor asm.

as example just try
git blame dcadata.h | grep Mans  | wc
   6144   97834  690174
and look at what that is:
dca: pretty-print some tables

Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony.
-- Heraclitus