[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Equality and leader team

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Feb 5 16:39:53 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 03:39:02AM -0800, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 3:37 AM, Jason Garrett-Glaser <jason at x264.com> wrote:
> >> * Disband the leader team of 7 and return commit and decission power to all
> >> ?developers.
> >>
> >> Y Yes
> >> N No
> >
> > What does this even mean? ?Just like all your "votes", this doesn't
> > make any sense and does nothing but beg the question.
> >
> > "Disband the 7 committers", whatever that means, would mean we would
> > have no more committers on ffmpeg at all. ?I think this is a bad idea,
> > because without committers, there won't be any development. ?Perhaps
> > you wanted to vote on ADDING MORE committers, instead of REMOVING
> > them?
> >
> > What does "return commit and decision power to all developers" mean?
> > How do developers not have "decision power" now that they had before?
> > I'm completely confused as to what this vote is supposed to be on --
> > and even more confused about what the actual technical consequences of
> > a vote on this would be.
> >
> > Additionally, your vote is weasel-worded. ?Please stop doing this and
> > start being honest. ?If I have to give up my commit access to make you
> > start being honest, so be it -- I'd be happy to do it.
> >
> > Jason
> >

> Also, you yourself agreed on IRC (logged!) that we should have no more
> open votes -- that all votes should be by secret ballot to avoid
> politicking.  What happened to that, exactly?

Could you quote the log?
Iam not against secret voting, and we can do that if people want
but i dont remember having said what you claim

While the State exists there can be no freedom; when there is freedom there
will be no State. -- Vladimir Lenin