[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Equality and leader team

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Feb 5 16:32:09 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 03:55:36PM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
> On 02/05/2011 12:31 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Y Yes
> > N No
> >
> > Id like to emphasize that Y returns the power to all developers NOT return
> > any leader power to me.
> > I also repeat that this is not about changing the system, this vote is just
> > about removing an un-equality amongth the developers, it says nothing about
> > which system developers would experiment with, change to or finally keep.
>
> That is wrong in the exposition, in the further explanation, in the
> options provided and the execution.
>
> Again you ALONE came up with something...

Then do it better.
But just ignoring everyone complaining is not good enough.
I consider it inappropriate that long-term developer and even
maintainers have to beg around to get their patches reviewed
(it's even more fun when it starts out with bikesheds and a
review that didn't include reading the code and also stops there).
I'll agree to almost anything that avoids that PITA, I do have
other things I can do instead of wasting my time in such a
particularly annoying manner.
Thus for me that is a
regardless of any objections about the voting itself.