[FFmpeg-devel] Compromise

Hervé W. H.O.W.aka.V+ffmpeg
Fri Feb 4 02:35:11 CET 2011

+1 what Jason said.

And a few more comments:

On 04/02/2011, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> <michaelni> hi mans, ben said i have to reconcile with you for any compromis
> <michaelni> iam not so much interrested to join you guys than iam concerned
> about the community spliting up and leaving both sides
> <michaelni> ping mru
> <mru> explain "compromise"

@ both mru and michaelni
I don't think 'reconcile' meant discuss any current proposal for a
compromise regarding FFmpeg.
Rather, I think it meant: agree to work together without virtually
tearing eachothers throat out. (Possibly under the conditions of a
compromise that will be decided upon sometime in the future.)

> <mru> so far the only hints you've let slip have been totally unacceptable
> <mru> and "ben said ..." doesn't exactly convince me you understand what
> this is about
> <michaelni> compromise = "roots replaced by neutral people,
> stef,me,carl,reimar,baptiste joining commiters, clarification of leadership
> of new team, clarification of file maintainers vs commiters, some vission
> doc that lists goals of ffmpeg)
> <mru> unacceptable
> <michaelni> that is the idea for discussion
> <michaelni> what part?
> <mru> all of it

@ mostly mru
michaelni said "that is the idea for discussion", as in: it's a
proposal, not a demand or ultimatum.

-V