[FFmpeg-devel] Latest FFMPEG 0.9 Issues

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Dec 31 17:23:21 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 09:52:21PM -0800, C Chatterjee wrote:

> Michael:
>
> Thanks for fixing the aacdec.c bug in item 1 below in an email sent by you earlier.
>
> On item 2 I believe that checking as below:
>      else if (enc->codec_id == CODEC_ID_AAC && pkt->size > 2 &&
>                 (AV_RB16(pkt->data) & 0xfff0) == 0xfff0) {
>          av_log(s, AV_LOG_ERROR, "malformated aac bitstream, use -absf aac_adtstoasc\n");
>          return -1;
> may not be necessary because the 2 byte header can be at the start of a payload too.
> I have used this stream on a number of players - VLC, Flash and iPhone. All works.
> Is there a case of a player where it does not work.
> I comment out the lines above in flvenc.c and movenc.c and use ffmpeg as:
>
> ffmpeg -y -i xx.flv -acodec copy -vcodec -preset superfast -b:v 150k ff.flv
> ff.flv works fine on all players I have used.

hmm, maybe
baptiste, mike or alex could comment on if this check is or is not
required ?

Frequently ignored awnser#1 FFmpeg bugs should be sent to our bugtracker. User
questions about the command line tools should be sent to the ffmpeg-user ML.
And questions about how to use libav* should be sent to the libav-user ML.