[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Getting options from the file name

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Thu Dec 29 19:54:58 CET 2011

Le nonidi 9 nivôse, an CCXX, Mark Himsley a écrit :
> By implementing that aren't you limiting the filenames that I may
> use? Aren't you telling me that I may not process a raw file called
> "c?f=a", for example? I do not like that proposal.

Limiting the possible filenames is obviously not acceptable, you can rest
assured that it was not my intention. For this particular issue, there are
several options, depending on what people prefer (assuming this goes on, I
am not ignoring Reimar's objections). Possibly:

- "c?f=a" means just that;

- "ffopt:c?f=a" means file "c" with option f=a;

- "ffopt:c%3ff=a" means file "c?f=a" with no option;

- "ffopt:c%3ff=a?f=a" means file "c?f=a" with option f=a;

(and if the filename itself start with "ffopt", we already have a problem,
as with any filename starting with \w+: but it can be avoided by simply
prefixing ./).

Does it seem acceptable to you?

Regards,

--