[FFmpeg-devel] iOS Cross Compile issues

Gerhard Roethlin gerhard at disneyresearch.com
Tue Dec 20 15:13:15 CET 2011

On 2011.12.20, at 11:57, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Gerhard Roethlin <gerhard <at> disneyresearch.com> writes:
>
>>> make V=1

>> -c -o libavfilter/af_volume.o libavfilter/af_volume.c
>> error: invalid operand in inline asm: 'adds   $1, ${2:R}, ${2:Q}, lsr #31
>> 	itet   ne
>
> From my tests with native iOS compilation, I guess this patch fixes this
> specific issue:
> http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2011-December/117809.html
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/137959
> But I ended up with more compilation failures for ff_sqrt (for example in
> ac3enc_fixed.c). Since this may be different for you, please test!

This seems to be a different issue in my case. At least the one in av_clipl_int32_arm seems to be caused by %Rn and %Qn. http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.2.1/gcc/Machine-Constraints.html says:

Q: A memory reference where the exact address is in a single register (``m'' is preferable for asm statements)
R: An item in the constant pool

But I don't know if that's actually related with this issue.

> Carl Eugen

Gerhard Röthlin
Tech Transfer & Git Mastery