[FFmpeg-devel] Output image filename pattern

Yuval Adam yuv.adm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 14:09:08 CET 2011

Hey guys,

I'm using this command to extract key frames from a video clip:

ffmpeg -i movie.avi -vf select="eq(pict_type\,I)" -vsync 0 -an -y
frame_%03d.jpg

This yields each frame with its sequential frame count.
After thoroughly searching the docs, I failed to find an option to include
the frames timestamp in the output filename (i.e. frame_145_01:23:45.jpg).
Is there any way this can be achieved?
If this isn't possible, I'd appreciate a pointer to the relevant code so I
can propose a patch for this.

Thanks!

--
Yuval Adam