[FFmpeg-devel] FFMPEG extension OpenCL

Lupescu Grigore lupescu_grigore at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 10 15:14:48 CET 2011

Hello,

My name is Lupescu Grigore [1][2], i am a student at University "Politehnica" of Bucharest -UPB FILS CS. I am in the final year and will be presenting my diploma project in the area of image/video processing.
For the past 2 years i have been working extensively with OpenCL and OpenMP on several algorithm out of which are most related to the field of image processing. I can provide if needed a list of projects i've worked on.

My question is regarding your framework, is there anything that is of interest that would "benefit" from OpenCL[3] support - in a particular case APU optimizations -zero copy- (alongside a GPU implementation).
I would attempt during the next 6 months an implementation and if everything goes well my part might be used in some way (up to you to decide). So in short i'm just asking for "areas" that i could extend to benefit from OpenCL. Any link/suggestion is welcome.

Thank you in advance,
Lupescu Grigore

[1] http://www.linkedin.com/pub/grigore-lupescu/27/ab1/a07
[2] http://whcomputing.blogspot.com/