[FFmpeg-devel] custom execute2 access violation?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Dec 3 08:12:42 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 11:59:40PM +0100, Robert Nagy wrote:
> Could anyone explain why the following code gets an access violation while
> trying to encode DNXHD.

You should give a backtrace. And generally more information.
And I have some doubts this belongs on the dev list instead of some of
the user lists.

>     int ret = avcodec_open(avctx, codec);
>     avctx->execute = thread_execute;
>     avctx->execute2 = thread_execute2;

Tried overwriting only execute2 and setting it to
avcodec_default_execute2?
Also you should possibly try compiling without pthreads
(if that's what it is using, you didn't even say what system
you run on),
mixing threading implementations was never really intended,
only implementing a threaded execute when FFmpeg was built
without threading support.