[FFmpeg-devel] Compositing streams side by side

Matthew Brown matthew.brown at cordata.com
Wed Aug 3 16:25:27 CEST 2011

I have a video conferencing application I am working on, and we need to take the two input streams as received by the Wowza (Flash-type) server and join them together side-by-side, saving that new joined video out to a new file for archive. The Wowza folks point us over to ffmpeg for accomplishing such a thing. Is ffmpeg the answer on this one?

Also, if there is a server that is better than Wowza for acting as a video conference server, let me know your thoughts on that too.

TIA!

Best Regards,
Matthew Brown
CorData