[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] clobbers for XMM registers

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla
Thu Sep 30 16:44:25 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Ramiro Polla <ramiro.polla at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the issue here is multilib or not. I think mik's gccs that
> were built with --target=i686 or whatever have failed, but the ones
> that were built with multilib and used -m32 in FATE's configuration
> didn't (so -m32 is not disabling xmm registers).

How are those multilib gccs configured? It seems that unless you use
--with-arch-32 in gcc's configure in a multilib build, it will enable
the default capabilities available in 64-bit (like sse), even when you
specify -m32.