[FFmpeg-devel] merged FFmpeg/libswscale git repository

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Sep 28 16:43:37 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 03:57:10PM +0200, Janne Grunau wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 03:20:42PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > > my preference is all but I don't see a problem if some object to seeing
> > > there email address in the commits.
> >
> > of course or a psydonym but beyond this it should be consistent
>
> I'm not sure I understand correctly what you mean with consistent?
> If a single person wants her/hisself listed only with the svn account
> name nobody should be allowed to have his full name and email in the
> commit messages?

no, i mean that if noone is listed with full name, one developer cannot
request to be listed with full name.
the opposit is ok, this is exactly what ive meant, that is one can request
not to receive credit, but the most arrogant developer cannot ask for
more credit than everyone else, this is unfair to everyone else

When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your
own failings. Then you will forget your anger. -- Epictetus