[FFmpeg-devel] merged FFmpeg/libswscale git repository

Janne Grunau janne-ffmpeg
Tue Sep 28 00:44:05 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 06:12:07PM +0200, Janne Grunau wrote:

> As preparatory step for a full conversion to git I've created a script
> to interleave the FFmpeg and libswscale repositories and fix a couple
> issues in the repository. The resulting repository looks like libswscale/
> (or postproc/ before the rename in 2006) was always part of FFmpeg.

> The tree is hosted under
> http://git.jannau.net/git/FFmpeg.swscale/
>
> It is not stable, I'll rewrite the master branch other fixing other
> issues.

I've added a stable branch 'metadata_v1' which won't be rebased. If I
change the metadata of the tree a new metadata_v? branch will be added.
The tree is now updated on commit emails. It can be used as mirror.

> The script is here:
> http://git.jannau.net/git/FFmpeg.git.convert/tree/merge_FFmpeg_libswscale_git.sh?id=HEAD
>
> Everybody who wants to be listed in the git history with his/her full
> name and email should say so. The script can be easily extended to write
> the full name and email.

This was a disaster. I got only one reply. Unless somebody objects I'll
assume that it is ok to use the email address used on ffmpeg-dev in the
commit metadata.

> One issue we might want to fix is to correctly annotate commits with
> patch by: to the correct author. Since git has also comitter annotation
> the information who committed something is not lost. I have no idea if
> this can be automated enough to make it feasible.

I've finished the easy 85% (uncommitted), not sure when/is I'll do
the rest.

Janne