[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-09-17#

Måns Rullgård mans
Fri Sep 24 22:36:19 CEST 2010

Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:

> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 08:39:37PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:
>>
>> > yadif has been approved already ...
>>
>> By whom?
>
> me

Reviewing our own code now, are we?

>> There is an awful amount of truly disgusting code in
>> mplayer, which was some still "approved".  Most of mplayer is nowhere
>> near the standards we require for new submissions to ffmpeg.  Moving
>> filters to libavfilter is a good opportunity to clean them up rather
>> than turn ffmpeg also into a stinking dung heap.
>
> Yes some code in mplayer is of rather poor quality, yadif is not
> amongth that i know because i happen to be the author of it

Your code, especially older code, is among the most horrible I have
ever seen.  You being the author provides me no assurance whatsoever
that the code in question is up to FFmpeg standard.  Quite the contrary.

> and the patch was alraedy delayed for 2 weeks because of you, you had these
> 2 weeks to review it you did nothing

If you were waiting for me, why did you not give me a friendly reminder?

> we will not hold all patches from mplayer indefinitly because you have a
> personal issue with mplayer.

I don't have a personal issue with mplayer.  I have an issue with the
coding style (or lack thereof) prevalent in mplayer.  I do not want to
see it infiltrate ffmpeg.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com