[FFmpeg-devel] gsmdec failures on ppc/sparc gcc 4.2.4

Martin Storsjö martin
Thu Sep 16 10:26:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

A few days ago, I took a look at the gsmdec failures that FATE reports on
gcc 4.2.4 on ppc and sparc. This seems in general to be a compiler bug,
but I haven't debugged it far enough so that I can say for sure.

The issue, as far as I see it, seems to be that the compiler inlines the
filter_value function incorrectly, and/or reorders things incorrectly when
unrolling loops.

The issue seems to be avoided by marking filter_value as av_noinline,
although that's just a workaround and not a proper fix.

// Martin