[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] swscale regression tests

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla
Sun Sep 12 20:37:39 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 6:15 PM, Ramiro Polla <ramiro.polla at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/7/21 M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com>:
>> Ramiro Polla <ramiro.polla at gmail.com> writes:
>>> There are 42 input/output pixel formats, 5 algorithms being tested,
>>> and all combinations of (64,96,128)->(64,96,128) conversions. That's
>>> 79380 tests. Ideas to rework the tests are welcome.
>>
>> OK, then splitting it up probably isn't practical. ?How about one
>> checksum per test? ?Did someone already suggest that?
>
> I'm working on this in the other thread to add a switch for checksums
> to swscale-test. Do you think splitting the tests in input formats is
> good enough, or do you prefer another approach like Vitor?

Now there's support on swscale-test to specify input/output formats,
and also to specify a reference file to avoid unnecessary SSDs. This
halved the time it takes to run the full test (when a reference is
given), so it should be fast enough to run regtests.

OTOH with the addition of crc output, the output is 7.something mb and
the bz2'd output is 500 something kb. It would be nice to have the
results for many different optimizations too, so that would be quite a
lot of data. Does anyone have any good idea on where that should be
made available for the tests to run? (FFmpeg svn, some other repo,
fate-suite/, ...?)