[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] AAC bsf and rtp/rtsp

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Wed Sep 8 17:30:29 CEST 2010

Right now calling

ffmpeg -i s.aac -acodec copy -absf aac_adtstoasc -f rtp rtp://l:port

won't produce an sdp since the bsf is kicks in later and we cannot use
the hack we used for h264 since the bsf expect to see a packet.

av_find_stream_info isn't aware of the fact we are going to use or not a
bsf even if it knows if we need parsing or not.

A wrong solution to make sdp/rtp/rtsp happy would be just putting the
first packet as extradata, a nicer solution would be making
av_find_stream aware of the bsf so it will provide the properly
formatted extradata.

Anybody has an opinion or a better place in which put this?

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo/linux