[FFmpeg-devel] [fixed] FreeBSD 8.1, --disable-network due to in.h not included.

Martin Storsjö martin
Tue Sep 7 16:03:42 CEST 2010

On Tue, 7 Sep 2010, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Martin Storsj? <martin at martin.st> wrote:
> > Yes, I agree that disabling stuff when it could be enabled isn't nice. The
> > patch in itself still is quite correct, I think - if that define doesn't
> > exist, we can't compile the code within the #if either. Then it's up to
> > the user (from the perspective of this piece of code, whoever that is) to
> > make sure the system headers provides the stuff the user wants to be
> > enabled.
>
> I doubt that it is correct, we already have network checks which
> should check this. I'll have a closer look at this if nobody beats me
> to it.

Yes, we have a check in configure for whether the ipv6_mreq struct exists
in netinet/in.h (and in this case, it exists), but we don't check for the
IPPROTO_IPV6 define that we also use, we just assume that if struct
ipv6_mreq exists, IPPROTO_IPV6 also is defined.

Earlier in the same file, we check
#if defined(IPPROTO_IPV6) && defined(IPV6_MULTICAST_HOPS)
before doing a similar code chunk, that uses both of those defines.

This patch makes this consistently check defined(IPPROTO_IPV6) at all the
places where it actually is used.

// Martin