[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Matching incoming to issues

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Oct 9 20:41:03 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 08:16:58PM +0200, Benjamin Larsson wrote:

> >> The issue sould be updated that the sample is moved if possible.
> >
> > So where should these directories go then?
> > Some are currently in incoming, some in samples. Should they be in one place in
> > the future?
> >
> > Carl Eugen
> >

> Yes, incoming/issues/issueXXXX should do.

Also moves should be documented in public ideally (its not a must have but a wish)
if done by a script the executed commands can easily be loged and posted
to ffmpeg-dev once in a while. If done by hand under bash the history file
can be greped for mv and incoming and the result after quick look posted
from time to time.
This would finally end the "i cant find my file" problem as google will
index such mails with the mv commands

Frequently ignored awnser#1 FFmpeg bugs should be sent to our bugtracker. User
questions about the command line tools should be sent to the ffmpeg-user ML.
And questions about how to use libav* should be sent to the libav-user ML.