[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Separating the RTSP muxer/demuxer and SDP demuxer

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Fri Oct 8 11:15:16 CEST 2010

On 10/08/2010 11:03 AM, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> I think our disagreement stems from this misunderstanding.
> rtsp_fetch_packet isn't the only code shared between the two. The RTSP
> demuxer also uses the SDP parsing - you get the SDP description of the
> stream with the DESCRIBE RTSP method, and then parse it and set up the
> streams according to that.

You might get a describe reply with something different than sdp even if
it is really unlikely and we do not support it ^^;

rtsp_fetch_packet is mostly rtp and the entanglement is due the fact we
want to read and demux multiple rtp streams as described by the sdp we
obtained somehow or through rtsp, being the latter we also control the
stream flow through rtsp ^^;

lu

--

Luca Barbato