[FFmpeg-devel] FATE

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla
Mon Oct 4 03:19:09 CEST 2010

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> http://fate.ffmpeg.org/
> is down with the comment "So long, and thanks for all the fish."
>
> that leaves us with mikes fate at http://fate.multimedia.cx/
> which isnt updated anymore
> mike?
>
> This apparent move from mans to take fate offline without warning or chance to
> move it elsewhere is extreemly irresponsible,

Scorched earth tactics...

> even if he leaves the project this kind of publicity stunts are just what
> confirms that he must step back as root.
>
> Anyway, fate must be restored, does anyone have the scripts upon which mans
> version was based?

Latest version attached.

> can someone put it up somewhere again?
> I would prefer if it is moved to under someone elses power even if mans
> returns.

I've put up a few configurations at http://fate.arrozcru.org . My main
concern is the most widely used user-oriented operating systems, so it
has ubuntu, mac os x, and windows (of course =). And also a ppc box
running linux so we don't break big-endian...