[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Oct 2 16:47:44 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 03:17:50PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 02:25:35PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > This is untrue
> > the assert changes have been discussed a long time ago with noone caring.
>
> The idea, but not the implementation certainly. Which really left a
> lot to be desired (relative to the amount of code). To me it looked a
> lot like you couldn't be bothered to review your own code before
> committing, in which case you could have sent a patch in the unlikely
> case someone else felt inclined to do the effort.

i did read through it before commit and i run the reg tests
the formating of that one line i apparently did not conciously realize
and typo i simply have missed. I admit that i was not very motivated
during reviewing my own trivial code.

But as said elsewhere i will post more patches from now on to make
people happy, id also appreciate if the people who complain so loud now
would then also properly review them (aka not just please add a space before
{ and around =, these kind of reviews just make me and other want to run away)

> > the per codec parameters too have been discussed and ive explained that
> > i plan to implement them through a priv_avclass in AVCodec and AVOption
> > access to the private context, noone disagreed from what i remember
>
> I didn't read any of that discussion. I admit I probably wouldn't
> really have reviewed a patch either, however it would have been a bit
> harder to miss completely.
> Not that I disagree (I can't have an opinion since I still haven't
> bothered to figure out how it works - well, I could ask if there's
> actually some documentation?).

I wanted to write some docs but iam probably going to be busy with this
thread for the next few days ;)

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus