[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Oct 2 03:07:06 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 04:55:37PM -0700, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > due to the growing disagreements between root at mphq and me, i and at least one
> > of the roots as well believe a vote about my position should be held.
> > Every developer with svn write account as of 1. october 2010 is allowed to
> > vote. The vote will end at 8. oct 0:01 UTC 2010.
> >
> > Please vote either
> > A. I trust michael and wish him to continue to lead the ffmpeg project
> > B. I distrust michael and wish him to step back
> >
> > Iam not sure if this should be a absolute or relative majority based vote
> > but i will probably step back if either majority against me is reached.
>
> C.  I want michael to stay our leader, but to abide by the same rules
> as everyone else.  That is, Michael should be a prime minister, not a
> dictator.

I always tried to abide by the spirit of the rules.
If people belive otherwise they should point out where i broke which rule
with reference to commit and point of the written policy.
Nothing will be changed by trolling on irc about vague rule breaking nor
by voting for a point C about me following rules when iam unaware of what
rule it is that iam supposed to have broken.

Or to say it differently, I can continue as leader and follow rules to the
best of my ability or i can step back
But i cannot follow something more, that to the best of my knowledge i already
follow.

Thus please tell me exactly which rule ive where broken, and iam sure this
can be reseolved through discussion but i dont see how a vote could resolve
that.

Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony.
-- Heraclitus