[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Oct 2 01:31:02 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 01:07:21AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Please vote either
> A. I trust michael and wish him to continue to lead the ffmpeg project
> B. I distrust michael and wish him to step back

However that does not mean that I do not think you sometimes do commit
"quick hacks" that would have been done better and with less drama
if it was sent as a patch first.
I don't mind much fixing things after it is in SVN in principle
but having it kind of "commit without sending a patch first and
then it's directly maintained by me and nobody may touch it
without my approval and thus there is a extra-large burden
against the status quo no matter how bad" doesn't serve
much of a purpose.
I'm slightly tempted to declare files added without prior
patch "free-for-all" for a few days, of course hoping
that this still would be used reasonably responsibly
(and hopefully reduce the flaming potential in particular
if there really is something wrong and someone commits
a quick but bad hack on top of it).