[FFmpeg-devel] H264 Decoder Crashing when enabling b-frames

Rakesh Manganellore manganellore.rakesh
Thu Nov 25 06:42:54 CET 2010

Previously we were using h263 for video encoding and decoding. Later we
replaced h263 with h264.
Same YUV (This is fine. we dumped and checked the input) input given to h263
codec will be given to h264 codec.
For encoding we are using x264 encoder. Decoder side we are using ffmpeg
h264 decoder.
we dumped the input (.264) coming to decoder.  that is also fine.
But in b-frames case we are unable to dump even two frame as it is crashing
in the 2nd frame itself.
one strange thing we observed is, "When we run the code without break
points, the code is crashing in the 2nd frame itself as b-frame is coming at
the 2nd frame itself." But "When we put break points, B-frame is coming
after some 10 to 15 frames passed. Until that we are getting I and P frames
only.There also it is crashing when decoder gets a b-frame".

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 1:41 AM, Rakesh Manganellore
> <manganellore.rakesh at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> After integration, The h264 Baseline profile is working fine, Main
> profile
> >> (Only CABAC enabled) is working fine.
> >> when we enabled B-Frames, code is crashing at below location in "H264.c"
> in
> >> function mc_dir_part ();
>
> Please define "integration"?
>
> Ronald