[FFmpeg-devel] RTSP H.264/AAC problem

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Nov 18 21:00:47 CET 2010

On 18/11/10 17:05, Luca Barbato wrote:
> On 11/18/2010 04:54 PM, aviad rozenhek wrote:
>> yes, its live 24/7
>
> Now it is.
>
> ffmpeg -loglevel debug -i rtsp://mobile.rayv.com:80/live/rayv2demo?tcp
> -vcodec copy -acodec copy /tmp/dump.mov
Works fine here, too. Both on TCP and UDP. I also tried transcoding
(both audio and video) and it works.

> PS: trying nut I get
> av_interleaved_write_frame(): Operation not permitted
>
> Looks like that at least we have an issue propagating the error...
Yes, ffmpeg started producing funny error messages :)

Anyway, I think I know where this one comes from: it's the NUT muxer
complaining about an invalid (AV_NOPTS_VALUE) pts in the AVPacket. I
somewhere have a patch printing a more sensible error messages (and
returning something better than -1), but I never found the time to
finalise and submit it.

				Luca