[FFmpeg-devel] [GIT] ready by the weekend

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Wed Nov 17 19:30:19 CET 2010

On 11/17/2010 06:47 PM, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 05:01:31PM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
>> j-b and janne should have all the issues sorted during this weekend (hw
>> problems, latest repo checks)
>>
>> I'll host a mirror of it and keep in sync a copy for github and
>> gitorious (somebody wants a repo.or.cz as well?).
>>
>> So I guess by the next week we can switch anytime.
>>
>> Is everybody ready? =)
>
> No. We don't have a "cheat sheet" for anyone only familiar
> with SVN,

I thought there cheat sheets links got already provided many times.
Rafael sent them again anyway.

> and we have not documented (have we even decided?)
> how to handle bad commit messages (and different levels of
> bad, ranging from spelling mistakes over non-understandable
> to wrong patch-by attribution).

there isn't patch-by in git... You send your patch and it gets signed
off by whoever push it to the main tree....

beside that, if we keep rebasing our local tree it forced pushes to
master shouldn't annoy that much.

_surely_ I'd rather not have many git push -f

lu

PS: why this discussions start every time git is mentioned, answers get
given with pointer just to have to refrain them once again the next time...?

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo/linux