[FFmpeg-devel] Decoding H264 / RTP with ffmpeg

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Thu Nov 11 15:45:53 CET 2010

Hi Sergio,

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Sergio Arroutbi <sarroutbi at sepsa.es> wrote:
> What i have is basically a socket that reads the RTP packets, get RTP
> payload and calls:
>
> avcodec_decode_video(*context, *decoded_image, &got_picture, frame,
> frame_size)), where "frame" and "frame_size" are the RTP payload and RTP
> payload length. I continously get the error:
>
> [h264 @ 0x99b7a20]no frame!

Right, why don't you just use the built-in SDP demuxer? Save the SDP
to a file and open that file directly, that will invoke the SDP
demuxer, which parses the SDP+RTP for you (using
avformat_open_input_stream/file()).

Also, this belongs on libav-user, not ffmpeg-devel.

Ronald