[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Releases

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun May 30 23:15:41 CEST 2010

Hi

I think we should do releases more often than we did historically or
not at all. Otherwise everyone will use very outdated ffmpeg&libav*
What do you think?
each svn revission is a release
one release per day
one release per week
one release per month
one release every 3 month
?
comments?

iam undecided what is best but i think that releases rarer than once every
3 month are too rare

of course we wouldnt do a release if we know of a major issue in svn at the
time ...

When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty, and
there is nothing more to fear from them, then he is always stirring up
some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader. -- Plato