[FFmpeg-devel] vp8: decoder rewrite, spec cleanup

Mike Melanson mike
Sat May 29 04:03:12 CEST 2010

John Koleszar wrote:
> if you choose not to work with us on the code, please consider working
> with us on the spec. Having a proper spec for this codec would help
> everyone. It's going to be in our git repository RSN (Monday?) and
> patches are certainly welcome. Or even just discussion on what's
> lacking specifically -- just share your thoughts in some form while
> they're fresh in your mind.

I have a laundry list of spec improvement items. I have already sent
several to the webm list. I will send more soon.

I'm writing a toy decoder for fun. It's not for FFmpeg or any other
serious application. I've written most of it from the spec so far, so
that's a good sign for the spec. I have notes about where I had to refer
to libvpx to clear up confusion.

--
     -Mike Melanson