[FFmpeg-devel] native Vorbis encoder status

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed May 26 01:57:26 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 01:22:47AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> We have been discussing this on IRC, now I'm moving it here..
>
> The native Vorbis encoder sucks.  So much that I will disable it on
> the 0.6 branch before release.  Once again, people have expressed
> interest to disable it in trunk as well.
>
> We need to decide its fate once and for all.  Suggestions welcome.

janne is working on this (and with less drama and more sanity
than this thread)

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus