[FFmpeg-devel] remove palette8torgb15 and palette8torgb15, was: make swscale's palette functions public

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon May 24 22:54:26 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 09:55:04PM +0200, Reinhard Tartler wrote:

> sorry for the cross post, but this is a proposed patch that affects both
> projects.
>
> On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 20:58:36 (CEST), Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >> BTW, during my work I noticed that palette8torgb16 and palette8torgb15
> >> (and their bgr counterparts) implement exactly the same code. Is this
> >> really intended?
> >
> > certainly not
> > this should definitly be fixed before making them officially public
>
> Disclaimer: I'm not sure if this code duplication is intentional or
> not. I read Michaels comment that it is not. Looking at their users, it
> looks to me that they can be rewritten to use their 16bit variants. In
> this case, mplayer code could be simplified like this:

patch looks ok if tested

I know you won't believe me, but the highest form of Human Excellence is
to question oneself and others. -- Socrates