[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] rtpdec: Reordering RTP packets

Martin Storsjö martin
Mon May 17 09:09:12 CEST 2010

Hi Luca,

On Mon, 17 May 2010, Luca Abeni wrote:

> On 05/16/2010 12:02 AM, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Howard Chu recently pointed out a Youtube RTSP url that didn't work well
> > with ffmpeg:
> >
> > rtsp://v4.cache7.c.youtube.com/CkYLENy73wIaPQlAxD6Aps4FuxMYEiASFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSARSBWluZGV4Wg5DbGlja1RodW1ibmFpbGD82u-DktbbwUsM/0/0/0/video.3gp
> >
> > The audio track uses MP4A-LATM, which isn't supported at the moment, but
> > the video is H.264 which should be supported, but regardless of that
> > didn't work well at all.
> >
> > It turned out to be that this video sends H.264 RTP packets out of order,
> > or at least I always received the packets shuffled.
>
> A server that sends packets out of order looks very strange... Maybe you
> are receiving them out of order because of network issues? (what happens
> if you use RTP over TCP?)

Yes, I thought about that, too, but the Google RTSP server didn't seem to
support TCP interleaved RTP, I get an 461 Unsupported Transport error when
I try to set up that. And the packets always seem to arrive in a similar
(un)order, so I get the feeling that they're sent that way.

// Martin