[FFmpeg-devel] Interface between ffmpeg and Libxavs and libx264

Vladimir Pantelic pan
Tue May 11 07:55:56 CEST 2010

wu amanda wrote:

> number of video frames to the encoder, neither X264 nor AVS. Whenever the
> function output_packet() find the last frame is encoded, it will simply
> break from the encoding loop. So I would like to know if it is possible we
> pass the global variable max_frams[] to the element i_frame_total of the
> encoder, such that the encoder will be aware of the end of sequence and put
> the 4 bytes end code into the stream.

How would that work when encoding a live stream whose number of frames is unknown
at the start?

Also, why is this 4 byte sequence so much needed? isn't the fact that the file
is at its end indication enough that the decoder should stop decoding?