[FFmpeg-devel] use of UINT64_C in libavutil/common.h

VALETTE Eric RD-MAPS-REN eric2.valette
Fri May 7 10:16:29 CEST 2010

On 05/06/2010 10:16 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> VALETTE Eric RD-MAPS-REN<eric2.valette<at>  orange-ftgroup.com>  writes:
>

>> If you make no effort ...
>>
> Talking about efforts: Would you mind commenting on issue 1502?
> http://roundup.ffmpeg.org/issue1502
Given the fact that orange is a >100K employes company and although I'm
by no mean entitled to answer, you are somehow lucky because although I
do not work on this project, I've long been involved with GPL issue with
other orange branded products and have been involved in GPL compliance
corporate activity. And I personnaly know people from the team who runs
this project ;-)

What I can answer is this:

1) Orange does not produce this software, just rebrand it. So we are the
first customer ;-). As R&D we would also like having the code to do
enhancement prototyping most of the time
2) Orange standard contract with  supplier company states that produce
the code states that they should
     a) list all open source code used in their product
     b) give Orange access to the corresponding source code
3) I will not point the finger at the involved company here but will
address the issue internally (takes several months to resolve in general)
4) Orange does slowly understand the consequence of GPL compliance in
its branded product even if it does buy the software/hardware but
depends on its partner for getting access to the source code. Supplier
ususally drag their feet especially when they mixed closed and open source
5) Along term action is ongoing and corporate guideline are now drafted
to put ourself in compliance
6) When collecting GPL code via our supplier we must verify that it is
the code that correspond to the running binaries (quite complicated most
of the time as it requires toolchains and make files and more generally
the build procedure for firmware)
6) First visible effect is <http://www.livebox-opensource.com/>. Other
product should/will follow.

-- eric