[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-03-28

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Wed Mar 31 11:17:47 CEST 2010

Michael Niedermayer <michaelni <at> gmx.at> writes:

> dont forget that we only support 1 out of 4 h264 files thanks to ivan
> implementing only 1 out of 4 mandatory ways to handle timestamps
> i dont know if that is related to what you "discuss" here.

While I know it is true that ffmpeg does not output correct time stamps for some
H264 streams (see reference suite), the real-life H264-and-audio samples we have
(all) play fine with ffplay and are transcoded fine with ffmpeg. It's mplayer
-demuxer mpegts that fails horribly for ALL streams containing PAFF.

The sample from issue 1302 may be an exception, but since it plays fine with
mplayer -demuxer lavf, the problems might be different (bad reception, for
example).

And I think my computer is not fast enough to play the sample from issue 944
with ffplay, so I don't know if it is played correctly (it transcodes fine,
afaict).

Carl Eugen