[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-03-28

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Mar 31 04:14:53 CEST 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 07:09:21PM -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> On 03/30/2010 07:03 PM, Alexander Strange wrote:
>>
>> On Mar 30, 2010, at 9:36 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 01:00:12AM +0100, irc at mansr.com wrote:
[...]
>>> why dont you fix the issues in ffmpeg if there are issues or at least
>>> report them?
>>> also if you want to improve transcoding, there are existing applications
>>> ffmpeg isnt the only.
>>> nothing that was called insane is at the level of insanity this
>>> continuous reimplementation instead of fixing bugs is
>>
>> There are some streamcopy bugs (copying audio from flv to mp3 failing with
>> non-monotone timestamps when mp3 can't have timestamps anyway) reported
>> but not fixed, it might be discouraging more. Of course, I never managed
>> to look into them myself?
>
> The problem is not mp3 not having timestamps, the problem is flv having two
> frames using the _same_ timestamps which is obviously wrong and broken.
>

> However I posted the fix, just set AVFMT_NOTIMESTAMPS to mp3 muxer and
> that's it.

commit it please

Rewriting code that is poorly written but fully understood is good.
Rewriting code that one doesnt understand is a sign that one is less smart
then the original author, trying to rewrite it will not make it better.