[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-03-27

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Tue Mar 30 21:08:14 CEST 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Benjamin Larsson <banan at ludd.ltu.se> wrote:
> Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
>>> if wma sounds better than aac then there must be a pretty nasty bug in the
>>> aac encoder
>>
>> More like the entire AAC encoder _is_ a nasty bug.
>>
>> Dark Shikari
>
> AFAIK not much effort has gone into tuning the encoder. But I remember
> long threads about optimizing the bit-packer. So I think calling the
> whole encoder a nasty bug is an overstatement.

Well, peloverde made a similar comment on IRC to the effect that the
encoder was basically unusable in its current state and people
shouldn't be using it for serious purposes.

Dark Shikari