[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] allow hardcoding of huge dv_vlc_map table

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu Mar 18 23:39:23 CET 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 10:14:32PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> (note regression testing hasn't yet finished)
> This is huge and ugly, but allows hardcoding the 256 kB large DV VLC map table.
> The table is smaller with CONFIG_SMALL, but not sure what size exactly.
> The dv_vlc_data.h is created from dvdata.h, but includes only the necessary
> parts so it can be used without including other headers which are not available
> for host compilation.
> What do you think of it? Do you think this is taking hardcoding too far
> (256 kB of tables in the binary sure is quite a bloat - however the whole
> DV codec is very table-heavy anyway...).

Any comments? Regression test work fine both with and without hard-coding
for what I can tell.
If nobody objects, I will start with committing the dv_vlc_data.h split,
and then the more flexible tableprint.h macros within the next few days.