[FFmpeg-devel] Fix FFM-based audio streaming from FFmpeg to FFserver

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Mar 16 14:58:32 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 09:39:51AM -0400, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > also the AVCodecContext cloning likely should be in a function of its own
>
> Is it OK if I make it a public av_*() call? Reason is that we're doing
> this kind of cruft elsewhere also (e.g. rtsp.c, IIRC).

ok

but someone (=you) must go over all fields of AVCodecContext and make sure
they are duplicated appropriately (no pending leaks, double frees or
changing arrays under ones fingers)

and it must be clear how to free these contexts and what they can be used for
for example we cant copy priv_data currently (must be set to NULL in the
copy) as such copying would be codec specific. It could be done with
a AVCodec.clone() but thats probably too much work for now. Even though
it would be usefull in some cases to be able to clone a codec and actually
be able to use both independantly afterwards.

Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not
or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and
the brevity of human life -- Protagoras