[FFmpeg-devel] RTMPE support

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Mon Mar 15 16:57:12 CET 2010

Hi Howard,

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Howard Chu <hyc at highlandsun.com> wrote:
> The existing code doesn't implement Pause or Seek. To me, one of the main
> reasons to even bother with RTMP support inside the player is to have Seek
> support, otherwise we can just use rtmpdump | mplayer and get linear
> playback.
[..]
> The existing code doesn't implement RTMPE, doesn't implement RTMPT, and
> doesn't implement SWF Verification. (Obviously; that's the original point of
> this Subject.) These features could of course be added to it, but to me
> that's wasteful duplication of effort.

I don't think you understand the development model of FFmpeg.

Don't complain. Contribute. People don't want 987654321 libraries
installed on their system, each reinventing common functions and
causing them to have to buy 2x the same amount of memory to get half
the performance.

People have cellphones, and they want these to play RTMP. We can help
them. You can help us help them. libXYZ is not the solution,
generally.

Ronald