[FFmpeg-devel] Possible leak in RTSP to disk copy writing

Stas Oskin stas.oskin
Mon Mar 15 13:28:19 CET 2010

 Hi.

> If you don't understand a part of my message, it would be a good idea to
> either
> try to guess what I meant or ask (no, this project is not called FFMPEG).

I did understood what you meant, I just kept locked on this variation, will
try harder from now on :).

 > the program releases all correctly, but still eventually runs out of
> memory
> > while running, it can be considered as a leak.
>
> > Well, this probably has several points of view, one of them that if even
> if
> No.

In your opinion it's normal for application to run out of memory?

> > > Are you sure you are not describing the properties of writing the iso
> > > container?
> > >
> > This is the exact command I'm using - just dumping the frames to disk.
>
> To rephrase: Are you sure the iso container allows to "just dump the
> frames"
> (no, I don't know, I am just guessing).

Shouldn't every FFmpeg container support copy? It basically follows same
pattern as encoding - just instead of being re-coded, the data moves
straight to disk.
If not that will be quite some news for me.

Regards.