[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 0.6 status update

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sat Mar 13 20:28:38 CET 2010

On date Saturday 2010-03-13 15:36:48 -0300, Ramiro Polla encoded:
> On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Stefano Sabatini
> <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> wrote:
[...]
> > There was the idea to include libavfilter integration in ffmpeg for
> > the 0.6 release, that would IMO be a huge bonus so maybe it would be
> > worth to wait some more time for having it.
> >
> > Apparently there is just one big issue to be fixed before that, avoid
> > an unneeded picture copy in ffmpeg.
> >
> > I'm not completely sure this can be addressed in less than a week,
> > I'll try to give a stab at it in this weekend then we'll see if it is
> > reasonable to delay the release for this.
>
> I have a feeling this will take much longer than a week and the
> release shouldn't be delayed because of that.

Well to be honest I'd rather await for the next release, the change in
ffmpeg would be quite substantial and I don't want to introduce
regressions, also this inclusion would inevitably just mean more work
for me...

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Foolish & Fancy Mournful Pitiful Energized Guide