[FFmpeg-devel] ICC version checks

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Tue Mar 9 23:09:05 CET 2010

Frank Barchard <fbarchard <at> google.com> writes:

> I'll pass that along to their compiler team.

Your comments sound as if you are actually using icc.

Do you know that several workarounds are needed to get a (correctly) working
executable? (Or don't you care because you are only using H264, AAC and Vorbis
and they all work fine?) Do you have any influence in Intel fixing bugs faster
(556938 and the still-not-reported problem with decode_var_block_data() in
alsdec.c)?

If you think it makes sense, I (or you) could update the wiki page...

> So maybe the ifdefs should be rewritten
>
> from
> #if (!defined(__ICC) || __ICC > 1110) && AV_GCC_VERSION_AT_LEAST(4,3)

> #if __ICC > 1110 || (!defined(__ICC) && AV_GCC_VERSION_AT_LEAST(4,3))

If you think that helps in any real-world case, I'm fine with it, too (probably
without the parentheses).

Carl Eugen